[Koha-devel] ping Koha (developers) community

Mathieu Saby mathieu.saby at univ-rennes2.fr
Mon Dec 9 21:49:00 CET 2013

Le 09/12/2013 21:25, Kyle Hall a écrit :
> I can say Jonathan has pretty much summed up my feelings and
> experience as well.
>
> I think even now the vast majority of sign-offs are still done by
> developers. I try to balance my community work between sign-offs and
> qa'ing.
>
> I think the answer to the RM bottleneck is to push more work to the
> module maintainers.
>
> 1) MM pushes patches to each respective module branch
> 2) RM pulls from these branches to master
>
> Of course, there is a higher likelihood for merge conflicts, but I see
> no way around that, except to allow MMs to push to master.
>
> As for the SO bottleneck, I see know answer except for more
> encouragement for the end-users to test and sign-off, as well as
> absolutely clear, step-by-step test plans.

Hi
Having been on the both sides for 1 year and half ("customer" and
patch-tester), I agree too with most of Jonathan's remarks.

For example, when your companies secure a contract with a new customer,
do you make a demonstration of bugzilla and sandboxes ?
And, in the different countries where you have contracts, do libraries
using Koha organize meetings or local hackfest ? In France we try to do
that, and even if it's not yet perfect, but I think the results are
globally positive.

Regards
Mathieu

> Kyle