[Koha-devel] ping Koha (developers) community

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Mon Dec 9 21:53:59 CET 2013

On 10 December 2013 09:49, Mathieu Saby <mathieu.saby at univ-rennes2.fr> wrote:

> Hi
> Having been on the both sides for 1 year and half ("customer" and
> patch-tester), I agree too with most of Jonathan's remarks.
>
> For example, when your companies secure a contract with a new customer, do
> you make a demonstration of bugzilla and sandboxes ?
> And, in the different countries where you have contracts, do libraries using
> Koha organize meetings or local hackfest ? In France we try to do that, and
> even if it's not yet perfect, but I think the results are globally positive.

Yes we do, however there are only ever going to be a small percentage
of patches that are able to be signed off in the sandboxes.

Developers will (and should) have to do most of the sign offs, what we
might need is a better way to 'swap' patches. I sign off yours, you
sign off mine for example.

So yep getting more clients to sign off is a cool goal, however
getting more developers to sign off is even better.

Chris