[Koha-devel] Architectural goals for 3.16

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Thu Dec 19 17:26:04 CET 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Paul Poulain <paul.poulain at biblibre.com> wrote:
> Le 18/12/2013 23:31, Galen Charlton a écrit :
>> Paul Poulain- 63
> I don't endorse those 63: most of them (if not all) were in fact
> sandboxes signoff, because I use my account to send signoff from the
> sandboxes. Maybe we should/could create a generic "sandbox signoff"
> account ?

I think that's a good idea.  Another idea (if it doesn't do it
already) would be to have the sandbox ask the user to supply their
name and email address so that they can be individually credited with
the signoff if they want.

>> One for one is a minimum, I feel -- there are several organizations
>> that average two or more patches reviewed for each one they author.
>> [2]
> I'm a little bit uncomfortable with those numbers because they can't
> show the time we dedicate to rebasing patches. When you submit an
> enhancement that is not pushed quickly, rebasing 4 or 5 times is common.
> And that's a part of the quality process. And we try to have a very good
> reactivity on this matter.
> But those number can also convince me to ask someone from my staff to
> get involved (on a regular basis).

Great!  I hope they do so.

> And if I were playful[*], I would bounce[*] on the fact that you highly
> value the work we're doing: thank you for that. I'm sure then, as you
> value it so high, that you'll try to find a way to conserve (or even
> improve) our enthusiasm, right ? ;-)
>
> [*] strictly no negative meaning here, I hope google translate didn't
> lied to me with these words...

Google Translate didn't lie to you.  And thank you.

>> Users who have customized their Zebra index definitions will have more
>> work to do during an upgrade, however.
> OTOH, those who are able to customize their zebra index definitions also
> have the skills to double check their upgrade ;-)

One can only hope. :)

Regards,

Galen
--