[Koha-devel] OPAC theme defaults for 3.14

Martin Renvoize martin.renvoize at ptfs-europe.com
Fri Oct 25 10:23:58 CEST 2013

I'de agree with Zeno's timeframe.

That give's people time to port their customisation to the new theme
without adding too much work for the developers in coding for three theme's
simultaneously.  We, at PTFS Europe have been enabling CCSR by default for
new installs, and often 'upgrading' to CCSR during koha upgrades.  Not
everyone is going to suddenly be upgraded at the same time, so it shouldn't
be too harsh a problem to take OPAC customisations into account during an
upgrade.

As for Paul's comments, Robin has pretty much covered it.  Bootstrap is a
framework of well supported JS and CSS that we could not hope to create and
maintain for ourselves, not using one of these frameworks (Bootstrap,
Foundation) in the foreseeable future is just plain silly given the work it
takes to create fully responsive themes the meet current expectations.
 Using bootstrap is much more likely to pass tests than us reinventing the
wheel.

So.. all in all the bootstrap theme gets my vote!

Martin Renvoize
Software Engineer, PTFS Europe Ltd
Skype:
Landline: 0203 286 8685