[Koha-devel] OPAC theme defaults for 3.14

Philippe Blouin philippe.blouin at inLibro.com
Fri Oct 25 15:01:44 CEST 2013

Hi,
> I hope everyone understands that a new default theme would *only*
> affect new installations, and that the old themes would continue to be
> maintained and available until the agreed deprecation time.
>
> We have worked with two available themes for a while now. We can work
> with three for as long as necessary. I just hope it not necessary for
> long.
That's the thing, I got fixes in the pipeline that only modify the
/prog/ path.  Will I need to redo them all for the other path?  How has
the RM been managing these situations in 3.13->3.14 ?

And for the future, if I hear that bootstrap is THE solution, we'll code
only for it, and offer only bootstrapt fixes for the master. Mind you, I
don't even know how different is bootstrap code from /prog/, but a +20%
in dev time + doubling the testing time (very rough estimate) to get two
paths out can kill our community budget, so maintaining two versions it
probably out of our reach for us.

In short, I do not worry about our installations.  We'll redo all our
libraries css, etc... (ok, yeah, it's a pain :)), but I would like some
clarification on the community work and the difference in feature/fix
between the three versions in the short future.

Best regards,
Blou