[Koha-devel] Pending PDF::Reuse Release And Koha

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Dec 3 22:57:59 CET 2014

Mark Tompsett schreef op wo 03-12-2014 om 13:18 [-0500]:
> I tried to cpan2deb PDF::Reuse to grab the latest, and that’s when I
> discovered weird numbering (this is –2, but the cpan2deb grabs –1).
> Suggestions?

Don't do it that way.

The -1 and -2 are Debian revision parts of the version number and have
absolutely nothing to do with the module version. Also, this version of
the module is not yet in CPAN (which is at 0.35) which is why cpan2deb
won't work anyway. You need to build it from the package that Chris
linked to.

Some reading:
http://www.fifi.org/doc/debian-policy/policy.html/ch-versions.html
http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/

Chris (and others testing), here's a .deb to get started:
http://www.kallisti.net.nz/~robin/libpdf-reuse-perl_0.36-01-1_all.deb
remove it when you're done as this will probably get in the way of a
real version. This version is just a quick one.

Chris, here's the bits from lintian I'd like you to care about before
doing a proper release that I can pass up to Debian:

This probably won't be in the final release to CPAN anyway, but best to
check:

P: libpdf-reuse-perl source: source-contains-git-control-dir .git
N:
N:    The upstream source contains a .git directory. It was most likely
N:    included by accident since git version control directories usually don't
N:    belong in releases and may contain a complete copy of the repository. If
N:    an upstream release tarball contains .git directories, you should
N:    usually report this as a bug upstream.
N:
N:    Severity: pedantic, Certainty: certain
N:
N:    Check: cruft, Type: source

I: libpdf-reuse-perl: spelling-error-in-manpage usr/share/man/man3/PDF::Reuse.3pm.gz An other Another
N:
N:    Lintian found a spelling error in the manpage. Lintian has a list of
N:    common misspellings that it looks for. It does not have a dictionary
N:    like a spelling checker does.
N:
N:    If the string containing the spelling error is translated with the help
N:    of gettext (with the help of po4a, for example) or a similar tool,
N:    please fix the error in the translations as well as the English text to
N:    avoid making the translations fuzzy. With gettext, for example, this
N:    means you should also fix the spelling mistake in the corresponding
N:    msgids in the *.po files.
N:
N:    Severity: minor, Certainty: possible
N:
N:    Check: manpages, Type: binary

--
Robin Sheat