[Koha-devel] Feedback requested

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 21:23:08 CET 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 12:54 PM, Galen Charlton <gmc at esilibrary.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Mark Tompsett <mtompset at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I was wondering if other developers would care to comment on recommended
> > disk space sizes for a git install on Bug 11830. Thank you!
>
> More of a meta-level concern: I don't think INSTALL.${just_one_os} is
> the right place to be expressing system specifications.

My patch was solely for INSTALL.ubuntu because that was the distro I
installed on, the one on which I was surprised by how much disk space was
required for a minimal git-based install, and the one on which I had actual
numbers to measure. While other distros are probably similar, without
actual concrete tests I was reluctant to put anything together for the
other INSTALL files. I was just aiming for incremental improvement.

> The wiki
> would be a better place for that -- even better, although it would
> depend on finding somebody willing to maintain it, would be a page on
> the main website that gathers together recommend specs.

I agree with this direction, as long as the information lives somewhere and
there are nice, clear pointers from the INSTALL.* files.

Thanks, all.