[Koha-devel] Ambiguous column names

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Nov 13 03:02:50 CET 2014

David Cook schreef op do 13-11-2014 om 12:12 [+1100]:
> I think the best option, if we were to change away from timestamp,
> would have to be "lastmodified", as timestamp types will get updated
> after every insert/update, I believe. But since they'd all be called
> "lastmodified", changing it from "timestamp" would become a bit moot,
> I think.

Well, I was thinking both, "created" and "updated." So you know when the
record was created, and when it was last changed. Both very handy for
simple auditing or bug finding.

It's possible to have a timestamp field that is initialised to the
current date automatically on creation, and another that is auto
updated.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/timestamp-initialization.html

This would nicely mean that there's no code at all in Koha required to
maintain this.

Anyway, I was just sticking my oar in, I've no desire to bikeshed it
into the ground, anything is better than nothing :)

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.