[Koha-devel] [Koha] Problem with BarcodeFallbackSearch

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Fri Dec 11 18:13:31 CET 2015

At 03:56 PM 12/10/2015 -0500, Galen Charlton wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 6:46 PM, Paul A <paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com> wrote:
> > Enhancements, improvements and new features: a good starting point is the
> > user list, (IRC?) and possibly the dev list. If there is consensus, this
> > should be filed at ??? <enhancements.koha-community.org> (similar to
> > bugzilla)
>
>It is hardly unusual for a "bugs" database to be used to record both
>reports of defects with the software and requests for enhancements.
>The Koha project has done so for years; procedures for doing are
>documented in the project bug reporting guidelines [1].

Hi Galen -- thanks for the reply. I agree that overlap is unavoidable and
that there are many reasons to "combine" rather than have two databases,
which was why I tried to differentiate between "existing code has a
problem" and "future code could improve Koha."

My reflections on the matter were prompted by my inability (perhaps I'm
missing something?) in Bugzilla to find bugs by "severity." Example, the
detailed search for all "major" bugs (in whatever state of advancement
barring 'unconfirmed', 'resolved' and 'closed') comes up with 211 results;
"critical" is more manageable at 35 results.

Add to that the tricky problem of security bugs (publish on knowledge of
them? publish when fixed? not publish at all?) My gut feeling is that
public discretion is advisable until "sorted out", but I'm not sure what
the policy of koha-community might be. Some openness with confirmed
sys-admins would surely be a good idea, but there's no "search/system" way
at <http://bugs.koha-community.org> e.g it takes a bit of fiddling to find
9569, and I have little or no idea what else there might be (if anything.)

Best -- Paul