[Koha-devel] Interface patterns (tabs)

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Wed Aug 31 00:44:03 CEST 2016

Hi Owen,

No worries. I haven't been checking my koha-devel mail for a little while,
so it's quite the coincidence I found your message today!

I suppose I was looking for an established guideline or a recommendation,
but I appreciate your input nonetheless and it does answer the question!

That is a lot of collection codes! That does seem to suggest that a dropdown
menu might be better than tabs for that interface, I guess?

I'm working on an interface for the OAI-PMH import at the moment, and I'm
unsure how best to group the content. I don't want to make a bunch of
subpages for all the different tables, especially as some are related and
thus one would want to be able to rapidly switch back and forth, but I'm not
sure that tabs are the answer either. But at the moment they stretch down
the page pretty far if there's a lot of data.

Maybe I can use tabs to group together the most related information, and
then maybe make another page for the most tangentially related content. Sort
of like "Stage MARC for import" and "Staged MARC management". They're
different enough to warrant separate pages, I suppose.

David Cook
Systems Librarian
Prosentient Systems
72/330 Wattle St