[Koha-devel] Introduce the use of Grunt or Gulp?

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Feb 10 00:06:55 CET 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org> wrote:
> Removing the generated files from git makes sense from a front-end
> developer's point of view, but I wonder if that doesn't create too
> many problems for packaging/installation

As far as *packaging* is concerned... I'd just as soon that no
generated files be retained in Git, and that we rely on the build
mechanism to generate them.

> as well as complicate things
> for developers who don't want to mess with generating those files when
> they're not touching the interface?

The tricky part is ongoing updates, although Jake (and Grunt and Gulp)
do have the ability to set up "watch tasks", meaning that it's
probably possible to set something up so that recompiling/reuglify-ing
can happen automatically.  Of course, some additional developer
documentation would need to be written.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt