[Koha-devel] git trailers: should we use more of them ?

Julian Maurice julian.maurice at biblibre.com
Wed Sep 19 17:09:56 CEST 2018

Le 19/09/2018 à 16:44, Marcel de Rooy a écrit :
>> Should we replace Signed-off-by by Tested-By (for testers) and Reviewed-By (for QA) ?
>> Should we use Signed-off-by as suggested in the git-commit manpage ?
> Bit late in the project to make this change imo? But yes, our
> interpretation is quite different ;)
But it's never too late to make a positive change, right ? :)

> If we should switch to Tested-by and Reviewed-by (note: lowercase by),
> we should better start at a version release?
Probably, this would make it easier to distinguish between the two
different meanings of Signed-off-by in the git history.
That means all 'Signed off' patches would have to be rewritten after
that release. A bit tedious but not impossible.

> If so, what about the Bugzilla status Signed off etc.
I hadn't thought of that. Can the status be renamed easily ? git-bz
would need to be updated as well (and maybe other tools ?).

--
Julian Maurice <julian.maurice at biblibre.com>
BibLibre