[Koha-devel] git trailers: should we use more of them ?

Renvoize, Martin martin.renvoize at ptfs-europe.com
Tue Sep 25 08:04:02 CEST 2018

I agree to the idea in principle too, adding detail is great.

I don't have an issue with misusing the signoff line, I've been aware of
that distinction for a long time. The major advantage of using it for our
workflow is that it's often the least technical user doing the initial
signoff and as such having the -s shortcut built into git is a nice aid.  I
don't see any similar flags for the other options.

I can see it leading to the opportunity to really improve our history and
about pages along with more recognition in release notes.

Just my two pence.