[Koha-devel] Tags features

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 5 14:41:39 CET 2019

Greetings,

14385 is meant to un-hide items belonging for patrons of a particular patron category. It’s about exemptions.
So if a patron is not logged in, there is no patron category, code should hide normally based on OpacHiddenItems.
If a patron is logged in and they are a particular patron category, then the hiding does not apply to them, even though OpacHiddenItems would normally hide it.
This is apparent if you look at the 14385 patch:
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/page.cgi?id=splinter.html&bug=14385&attachment=80463
And click on Items.pm

The problem with tags is you don’t want to include tags for things which are hidden, which I am not sure the tag weights were ever properly handled. I recall attempting to clean tags up as much as possible, but I can’t recall if I started putting it on bug 10589 or not. I don’t think 14385 introduced the problem, but merely made it more apparent.

As long as things which are visible (regardless of hidden and then un-hidden, or visible in the first place) are counted in the weighting for tags, that should be the expected behaviour.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett