[Koha-translate] Re: uk_UA translation, utf-8 and templates wishes

paul POULAIN paul at koha-fr.org
Mon May 7 12:06:42 CEST 2007

Serhij Dubyk / Сергій Дубик a écrit :
> Good day

Hello Serhij,
> I am prepared new part of Ukrainian translation of Koha.
> It's based on Koha 2.2.8 and my be good for new Koha 2.2.9.

thanks, all those files will be with 2.2.9 release.
> I also did small research about a cyrillic alphabet and try to use
> utf-8 everywhere: linux-locale, apache, koha-templates ...

A suggestion : you should add a page on the wiki to explain what you did
(wiki.koha.org)
> During translation of css/default templates set I found some translation
> bugs/wishes or maybe features (-;
>
> css opac:
> *) in templates in files "/includes/*.inc" and "opac-main.tmpl"
>   need make translatable (->PO)
>   "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>"

OK, fixed by removing the xml header : it's supposed to be HTML 4
transitional, as for intranet.
> *) in "opac-searchresults.tmpl" not in PO next string
>   "results found"

did you update your .po file ? because I don't have the problem with
french translation, so ???
> default intranet:
> *) in "orrowers_stats.tmpl" not translated phrase
>   "If you chose zipcode, since the 2 first digits in France represents the
> country (HĂ©rault 34, Haute-Garonne 31), some may want to have stats on
> representation of this countries. That is why you can select to group
> stats on some digits of zipcode."
>   but present in PO

probably the é. I've removed it to have herault in the template. Update
to check & confirm.
> *) please add to "countrycodes.dat":
>    482 = Ukraine
>    46 = Russian Federation

what are you speaking of ? where is this file ?
> *) in "memberentry.tmpl" need to be translatable next sex symbols
>   "F" & "M"

right, i've changed to Female and Male + fixed some strangeness in html
> *) in "members-home.tmpl" will be good to change alphabet list
>  "A || B || C || D || E || F || G || H || I || J || K || L || M || N || O
> || P || Q || R || S || T || U || V || W || X || Y || Z"
>  to template language or custom (maybe insert all above string in PO)

iirc, it's removed in head (koha 3.0), and I don't see how to have the
string in .po
> *) in "moremember.tmpl" not in PO next symbols
>   "Y" & "N"

changed to "Yes" and "No", should be translatable now.
> *) main part of "marctagstructure.tmpl" not translatable,
>    some phrases present in PO (but not changed in my language), some not

!!! There was a trailing -- that confused our translation tools. It's
fixed now. many thanks.
> *) in "about.tmpl" not translated phrase
>    "<b>ENSMP (Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Paris)</b>, France
> (biblio frameworks, MARC authorities, OPAC basket, Serials support
> funding)"
>    but present in PO
>    and also this
>    "Esiee School (JĂ©rome Vizcaino, Michel Lerenard, Pierre Cauchois)"

I don't have the problem. Maybe it's a utf-8 problem as well. However,
it's really minor, I don't do anything.

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants en logiciels libres et bibliothéconomie (http://www.koha-fr.org)