[Koha-translate] Issues with es-ES po files (staff and opac)

Fernando L. Canizo conan at lugmen.org.ar
Tue Jun 7 00:23:03 CEST 2011

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 23:09:15 +0200, Frédéric DEMIANS
<f.demians at tamil.fr> wrote:

> 3. Test your translation with:
>
>     ./translate install es-ES

Besides being very carefull about the %s's I'm also doing a check with
'msgfmt -c' before running the translate script. However I've noticed
sometimes it doesn't yelp even when there is a mismatch and is not in a
fuzzy string.

>     As pointed by Chris, when bug 6464 enhancement patch will be
> pushed, the translation install process will show you all
> inconsistent %s placeholders.

I guess I can apply that patch to my branch now and start using it
right away.

Did it and it doesn't cry when I feed it a bad .po, check my comment in
bug please.

> Last but not least, this workflow (translation done locally and
> uploaded) will
> work for you if you are the unique translator. It you are several
> persons translating Koha into Spanish, you have to use directly
> Pootle, or to find a way to coordinate your efforts.

Using pootle is cumbersome for me, I find the workflow more straight
making my changes locally. Also why pootle claims 100% spanish
translation when there are near 1000 fuzzy strings?

I'm not the only translator so I guess I'll be shouting in
koha-translate.

But let me ask another one: why are we using this method? Cannot we
rely on git doing the merging? I've found some of the people working on
spanish translation is somewhat self cutted out from mailing list and
are hard to reach.

--
Fernando Canizo (a.k.a. conan) - http://conan.muriandre.com/
GCS d? s:+ a C++ P--- L++++ E--- W+++ w--- M-- PE-- !tv b+++ h---- y+++