[Koha-translate] [Koha-devel] Koha 3.6.1 is now available

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Tue Nov 29 12:59:12 CET 2011

Heya Zeno,

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 5:50 AM, Zeno Tajoli <tajoli at cilea.it> wrote:
> Dear Chris,
>
> Il 29/11/2011 03:05, Chris Nighswonger ha scritto:
>> It is with pleasure that I announce the release of Koha 3.6.1.
>
> thank you very much for your work but I have one question and one point
> to underline.
>
> A question: in the tar file there are the new .po files ?
> In the git of 3.6.x I don't sse the new .po files.

Good catch. The po files were pulled, but subsequently rolled back
during a correction I was attempting to make while doing the release.
I will fix this and upload updated tarballs later this morning.

> A point to underline: in post date 21/11 your write:
> "The 3.6.x branch is entering a string freeze as of the date/time stamp
> of this email. Given the holiday in the USA this weekend, I will do
> the release on Wed. 30 November."
> Now is 29-Nov 10:43 GMT.
> No place in the world is now 30-Nov.
> The last hours are important to complete a transaltion.
>
> In the next posts is possible to have the GMT time do you download the
> .po files ?
>
> This is the important time for translations

While you are correct that this release is a day early, you may
remember that translation work is to be completed by two days before
the announced release date. The last two days are given for the
translation manager to complete his work. I send along a request to
him for the latest PO files. Once he sends the pull request along, I'm
assuming he is done, and I can do the release at that point.

I generally try to release on the date announced, but the past two
months have been extremely busy for me including an unexpected medical
issue this month which, in conjunction with the US holidays, has set
my schedule back further. This month we will be back on the 22nd of
the month release cycle which means string freeze is on the 15th, and
translation updates are due by the 20th. If this is not enough time,
then we need to consider sliding the string freeze back a few days
earlier. Please let me know if this is the case.

Thanks for your good work!

Kind Regards,
Chris