[Koha-translate] Arabic Koha 3.6 OPAC translation Complete, But !

Frédéric Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Tue Apr 17 09:20:38 CEST 2012

Hi,

 > I download the :
 > ar-Arab-i-opac-t-prog-v-3006000.po to my pc and Test it by the command :
 >
 > msgfmt -c ar-Arab-i-opac-t-prog-v-3006000.po

This is not the right command. Please use those commands in a
Koha-enabled Linux environment:

   cd <KOHA_ROOT>/misc/translator
   ./translate install ar-Arabic

If you can't do the above commands, please ask for help from your server
sysadmin.

 > we found about 27 fatal error and we solve them all .
 >
 > when try to apply the translation to our opac it works in the main
 > page of the opac , but when get in (eg. Advanced Search) the opac back
 > to English version . i noticed that only the main opac page and the
 > tags page is working in Arabic .

I've tested your translation and it seem to be "all Arabic" for me.

 > 2- I fix the errors at my pc and when upload the file to the
 > translate.koha-community.org . it make it as suggestions
 > and there is a lot of old suggestion so fixing this errors in the
 > website is going to be difficult .  is there a way to upload my file
 > directly (not as suggestions) ?

Yes. You need to have admin permissions on ar-Arab language for the Koha
3.6 translation project. With this permission, when uploading you
locally modified .po file, you have the option to *overwrite" the
existing file. But this require some coordination. What will it imply if
another person is translating your language as the time as you? So the
question is: is there anybody else than you who is working on 3.6
ar-Arab? I can give you this permission on ar-Arab, but I want to sure
it will not break someone else work. So please, could you introduce
yourself, and explain us in what context you're working on Koha Arabic
translation?

Kind regards,
--
Frédéric DEMIANS