[Koha-translate] Arabic Koha 3.6 OPAC translation Complete, But !

Karam Qubsi karamqubsi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 11:13:40 CEST 2012

2012/4/17 Frédéric Demians <frederic at tamil.fr>

> Hi,
>

> > I download the :
> > ar-Arab-i-opac-t-prog-v-**3006000.po to my pc and Test it by the
> command :
> >
> > msgfmt -c ar-Arab-i-opac-t-prog-v-**3006000.po
>
> This is not the right command. Please use those commands in a
> Koha-enabled Linux environment:
>
>  cd <KOHA_ROOT>/misc/translator
>  ./translate install ar-Arabic
>
> I get this test command from the wiki page :
to make sure that we didn't made any mistakes,I check if our  po file is
valid
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Translating_Koha#Testing_your_translation
by running the command in the url,

your command Is for installation the po files , and I already do that but
as I said the problem that the OPAC main page is in appear in Arabic but
when go to some pages like (advanced search ) in get back to English .

> If you can't do the above commands, please ask for help from your server
> sysadmin.
>
> Im doing this in my local pc :)

> > we found about 27 fatal error and we solve them all .
> >
> > when try to apply the translation to our opac it works in the main
> > page of the opac , but when get in (eg. Advanced Search) the opac back
> > to English version . i noticed that only the main opac page and the
> > tags page is working in Arabic .
>
> I've tested your translation and it seem to be "all Arabic" for me.
>
> Yes we had translated all the OPAC po messages and fixing some problems
with the pref po
but I fair that some members in my group do some mistisk that prevent the
arabic version to be appare in all pages

> > 2- I fix the errors at my pc and when upload the file to the
> > translate.koha-community.org . it make it as suggestions
> > and there is a lot of old suggestion so fixing this errors in the
> > website is going to be difficult .  is there a way to upload my file
> > directly (not as suggestions) ?
>
> Yes. You need to have admin permissions on ar-Arab language for the Koha
> 3.6 translation project. With this permission, when uploading you
> locally modified .po file, you have the option to *overwrite" the
> existing file. But this require some coordination. What will it imply if
> another person is translating your language as the time as you? So the
> question is: is there anybody else than you who is working on 3.6
> ar-Arab? I can give you this permission on ar-Arab, but I want to sure
> it will not break someone else work. So please, could you introduce
> yourself, and explain us in what context you're working on Koha Arabic
> translation?
>
> OK I send to you about me and the group of people working with :)  on koha
3.6

Karam