[Koha-translate] Translating Arabic OPAC 3.6 is complete , what about 3.8 ?

Karam Qubsi karamqubsi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 10:20:54 CEST 2012

Hi All
1- :)
We have finished translating the opac for koha 3.6 .
http://translate.koha-community.org/ar/36/
and every things is good there :)
the koha 3.8 had been released as all of you know .

Once before we finish the translating of 3.6 opac ,I try to upload the
 "ar-Arab-i-opac-t-prog-v-3006000.po" from :
http://translate.koha-community.org/ar/36/

to the 3.8 project in :
http://translate.koha-community.org/ar/38/
 and i choose:
Merge the file with the current file and turn conflicts into suggestions

is that wrong ?

so the fuzzy strings are come from the old (uncompleted file) and now
if we import from the completed file(opac3.6) the translated stings
come as suggestions so the fuzzy strings is not replaced what to do
now ? and the process of approving suggestions take a long time as you
know

can you make the 3.8 opac file blank from the current translations  to
let us  upload the completed file and the better version of the opac
po file  because we make a lot of correction there so we don't want to
rework again the same things we had done in the past .

we want just to translate the new strings in the 3.8 opac po file ,

2:)
we are now working in translating  the 3.6 staff client so do you
advice us to move from working there to work in the 3.8 po files ?

3
an other issue the files in the 3.8 project page names is incorrect like :
ar-Arab-i-opac-t-prog-v-3006000.po

it must be named as the following :
ar-Arab-i-opac-t-prog-v-3008000.po

and many many many thanks for you all :)

Karam Qubsi
Koha Arab translation Team
http:koha.wikibrary.org
Wikibrary for Arab librarians