[Koha-translate] Formatting problem

Lars J. Helbo lars at helbo.org
Sat May 18 13:30:28 CEST 2013

Den 18-05-2013 12:42, Lars J. Helbo skrev:
> Hi,
>
> I have a strange problem, when i use my Danish translated files in the
> Intranet. Whenever a word contains one of the special danish
> characters æ, ø or å, I get an equal sign added on the screen before
> or after the word and this breaks the layout. You can see how it looks
> in this screenshot:
>
> http://home.salldata.dk/test/koha.png
>
> As far as I can see the problem only comes in the staff client, not in
> OPAC and it seems to be worse, when using Chrome, compared to Firefox.
>
> I have tried to edit the downloaded po-files and replace æøå with the
> relevant html-codes, like ø but that dooes not make any
> difference.
>
> It may have something to do with the html-code li, but I am not sure
> about that.
>
> I presume you may have the same problem in other languages and any
> help would be greatly appresiated

In my further investigation I now found the file
da-DK/includes/members-menu.inc, which I think is the basis for the menu
to the left in the above mentioned scrrenshot. E.g. line 5 in this file
starts like this:

[% IF ( CAN_user_updatecharges ) %] =[% IF ( finesview ) %]<li
class="active">[% ELSE %]<li>[%

What causes my problem is this text "%] =[% IF" - I now made a manual
search and replace, removing all these extra "=" from all include-files
and this actually seems to solve the problem. But this is a obviously a
hack and not a fix, so where does these extra "=" come from, and why do
they only appear, when the line contains a special character?
--
Venlig hilsen
Lars J. Helbo
lars at helbo.org