[Koha-translate] Koha-translate Digest, Vol 110, Issue 1

Massoud Alshareef massoud at kwareict.com
Tue Dec 8 15:50:59 CET 2015

Bernando,

It is very possible to find errors in any new translation of Koha, and the
norm is that who ever try to install the new version for the first time
will report the errors back to us or proceed to fixing the errors
themselves and send the fixes back to the community. This is exactly what
happend last night with Koha 3.22, where Kouider Bonanah shared a file
containing fixes of the errors he found n the fresh files translated for
Koha 3.22 with the community.

We have an Arabic Koha group in Facbook with over 3,500+ members from all
over the Arab world (https://www.facebook.com/groups/koha4arab/) and here
where members find help on any issue related to Koha. If OSS culture is all
about Sharing, why have't Mr. Mahmood shared his case with us? I searched
for Mr. Mahmoud Bekhit in the 3.500+ database of Arabic Koha, but not a
member yet!

I think Koha 3.20 was not tried by any member yet and therefore the broken
link is possible. I think people got excited about the upcoming features in
Koha 3.22, and thus preferred rather to hold the upgrade to the upcoming
glory, and that is exactly what happened since yesterday where I noticed
several installation of Koha 3>22 happened within almost 24 hours from the
moment announcing the that Koha-Debian 3.22 package being ready by Glen.

We are discussing the issue with Arabic Koha community right now, and we
will get back to you with our overall position toward the Arabic Koha
(Egyptian) fork shortly.

Thanks,
Massoud.

Thanks,
Massoud M. AlShareef,

                         عالم الانجازات ينحاز دوماً مع المتفائلين
The world of achievement has always belonged to the optimist!

KnowledgeWare Technologies
(P.O. Box 230-719)
Riyadh 11321, Saudi Arabia
Cel: +966 505 307 267
Email:        massoud at kwareict.com
Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/massoud/
Blog:          http://massoudalshareef.wordpress.com/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This communication and any attachments hereto contain
information that may be privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure, and may be covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy
Act, as well as other applicable laws. The information is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you
are not the intended recipient or the employee or agent entrusted with the
responsibility of delivering the message to the intended recipient, be
aware that any review, disclosure, copying or distribution of this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication by mistake, please delete and notify the sender immediately.
Thank your for your compliance.