[Koha-win32] Koha Acquisition - Cataloguing problem

john choo anchovies00 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 8 05:02:51 CET 2007

Would like your assistance if possible in terms of Acquisition --> Cataloging parts.

When we "Receive" a book from supplier, there is an "Item Barcode" that is mandatory to fill in. After we receive the book and move on to "Cataloguing" the book, Koha again will ask for "Barcode #" which is also mandatory.
This barcode # cannot be the same because Koha will complain when we are Cataloguing. And if we put different Barcode #s, two books will be indexed to the database.

My question is what is your flow to use Koha to do receiving and then proceed to cataloguing the books? (without having multiple copies
 of the books?)

Our cataloger is having a really hard time over here. Please help.

Thanks,
John Choo

http://mail.yahoo.com