[Koha-win32] Koha3 on Win32

rafael.antonio at sapo.pt rafael.antonio at sapo.pt
Wed Jan 21 21:11:58 CET 2009

Dear colegues,
I strong support Rob statement about virtual image for KOHA3.
I am using it on WINDOWS with VMWARE and already tested DEBIAN and SUSE.
On windows I have installed SQLYog to acess MYSQL and to acess files I have SAMBA server running on LINUX.
If you want a very good text editor try TEXTPAD wich can easly comunicate and manipulate UTF-8 and UNIX files.

Regards,
Rafael Antonio

Citando Rob Weir <robweir at alum.drexel.edu>:

> Hello Dr.
> I am here, but I am stuck the same place that you are. I have not been able to get all of the required modules to compile under Strawberry Perl. A new release of Strawberry Perl is due at later this month, and I will try again with that version.
>
> Also, it seems that there have been some improvements over the last year in the number of CPAN modules that are available and supported for Active Perl (see http://ppm4.activestate.com/[1]). I plan to take another look at what is available and see if I can find the necessary modules in either the main repository or in some of the alternate repositories that are listed.
>
> In the mean time, I have been recommending using the virtual image for Koha 3. It seems to run fine using vmware server running on a windows platform.
>
> If you have any suggestions on how to proceed, please let me know.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
>
> P. S. Mukhopadhyay wrote:
> Dear List members
>
> Let me report here a story of failure. I already installed Koha 3 on various Linux flavours like Ubuntu (Gutsy Gibon), Debian (Etch) and Fedora (Core 7) and for the last few weeks in the process of installing Koha 3 on Windows XP. I used Strawberry Perl and Dmake and successfully installed all the required PERL modules except the followings (reported missing during execuation of perl Makefile.PL)
> -
> [Wed Jan 21 19:09:04 2009] Makefile.PL: Warning: prerequisite DBD::mysql 4.004 n
> ot found. We have 3.0002.
> [Wed Jan 21 19:09:04 2009] Makefile.PL: Warning: prerequisite GD 2.39 not found.
> We have 2.35.
> [Wed Jan 21 19:09:05 2009] Makefile.PL: Warning: prerequisite Lingua::Stem 0.82
> not found.
> [Wed Jan 21 19:09:08 2009] Makefile.PL: Warning: prerequisite Net::Z3950::ZOOM 1
> .16 not found.
> [Wed Jan 21 19:09:09 2009] Makefile.PL: Warning: prerequisite Schedule::At 1.06
> not found.
> [Wed Jan 21 19:09:09 2009] Makefile.PL: Warning: prerequisite Text::Iconv 1.7 no
> t found.
> [Wed Jan 21 19:09:09 2009] Makefile.PL: Warning: prerequisite XML::LibXSLT 1.59
> not found.
> Writing Makefile for koha
>
> However it wrote the make file for PERL. I tried running make (a brave soul - ha ha ha) through command -
>
> dmake -x MAXLINELENGTH=2500000
>
> and got an error message -
>
> dmake:  makefile:  line 21:  Error: -- Expecting macro or rule defn, found neith
> er
>
> What to do? Where is Rob? Send him SOS.

Ligações:
---------