[Koha-win32] Koha3 on Win32

Partha Mukhopadhyay psm_vu at india.com
Thu Jan 22 15:36:05 CET 2009

 Dear Rob and Rafael

Should I download it from
http://contribs.koha.org/revision_view.php?rid=14?
Do I need VMWare server?
Is there any document on it?

partha

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: rafael.antonio at sapo.pt
  To: "Rob Weir"
  Cc: koha-win32 at lists.koha.org
  Subject: Re: [Koha-win32] Koha3 on Win32
  Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 20:11:58 +0000

  Dear colegues,
  I strong support Rob statement about virtual image for KOHA3.
  I am using it on WINDOWS with VMWARE and already tested DEBIAN and
  SUSE.
  On windows I have installed SQLYog to acess MYSQL and to acess files
  I have SAMBA server running on LINUX.
  If you want a very good text editor try TEXTPAD wich can easly
  comunicate and manipulate UTF-8 and UNIX files.

  Regards,
  Rafael Antonio

  Citando Rob Weir <robweir at alum.drexel.edu>:

    Hello Dr.
    I am here, but I am stuck the same place that you are. I have not
    been able to get all of the required modules to compile under
    Strawberry Perl. A new release of Strawberry Perl is due at later
    this month, and I will try again with that version.

    Also, it seems that there have been some improvements over the
    last year in the number of CPAN modules that are available and
    supported for Active Perl (see http://ppm4.activestate.com/). I
    plan to take another look at what is available and see if I can
    find the necessary modules in either the main repository or in
    some of the alternate repositories that are listed.

    In the mean time, I have been recommending using the virtual
    image for Koha 3. It seems to run fine using vmware server
    running on a windows platform.

    If you have any suggestions on how to proceed, please let me
    know.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    P. S. Mukhopadhyay wrote:

      Dear List members

      Let me report here a story of failure. I already installed
      Koha 3 on various Linux flavours like Ubuntu (Gutsy Gibon),
      Debian (Etch) and Fedora (Core 7) and for the last few weeks
      in the process of installing Koha 3 on Windows XP. I used
      Strawberry Perl and Dmake and successfully installed all the
      required PERL modules except the followings (reported missing
      during execuation of perl Makefile.PL)
      -
      [Wed Jan 21 19:09:04 2009] Makefile.PL: Warning: prerequisite
      DBD::mysql 4.004 n
      ot found. We have 3.0002.
      [Wed Jan 21 19:09:04 2009] Makefile.PL: Warning: prerequisite
      GD 2.39 not found.
      We have 2.35.
      [Wed Jan 21 19:09:05 2009] Makefile.PL: Warning: prerequisite
      Lingua::Stem 0.82
      not found.
      [Wed Jan 21 19:09:08 2009] Makefile.PL: Warning: prerequisite
      Net::Z3950::ZOOM 1
      .16 not found.
      [Wed Jan 21 19:09:09 2009] Makefile.PL: Warning: prerequisite
      Schedule::At 1.06
      not found.
      [Wed Jan 21 19:09:09 2009] Makefile.PL: Warning: prerequisite
      Text::Iconv 1.7 no
      t found.
      [Wed Jan 21 19:09:09 2009] Makefile.PL: Warning: prerequisite
      XML::LibXSLT 1.59
      not found.
      Writing Makefile for koha

      However it wrote the make file for PERL. I tried running make
      (a brave soul - ha ha ha) through command -

      dmake -x MAXLINELENGTH=2500000

      and got an error message -

      dmake:  makefile:  line 21:  Error: -- Expecting macro or
      rule defn, found neith
      er

      What to do? Where is Rob? Send him SOS.

      Dr. Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
      Lecturer, Department of Library and Information Science,
      University of Burdwan,
      Burdwan - 713 104 (WB), India

Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Department of Library and Information Science
University of Burdwan, Burdwan, West Bengal, India